Monday, August 23, 2010

Wellness Salmon, Salmon-Meal and Deboned Turkey Recipe, opinion?

I'm switching My cat's food and want some opinions on this specific food. I know wellness is a good brand and healthy, what's your experience with it? Are there any cat foods out there that are close to as good but maybe a little cheaper?Wellness Salmon, Salmon-Meal and Deboned Turkey Recipe, opinion?
Wellness is a good food. The one quibble some people have with it is that it contains a small amount of garlic. Supposedly the company is going to remove that someday but I don't believe they have as yet.





The advice I received on it is that when your choices are crappy foods v. an otherwise good food which only has one objectionable ingredient, then go with the good food.





But anyway, one of my girls is eating Wellness Turkey and we're both happy with it. It's actually cheaper than the canned food she used to eat ($1.32 v. $1.79 per can) so I'm pleased with that too.





I'm not up on the prices of all the foods, but I believe Evo is around the same price. I think Natural Balance is a little less expensive. I used to feed their venison %26amp; green pea.





My only advice would be to keep the fishy ones for 2-3 times per week, and feed their turkey or even the chicken the majority of the time.





If you want to check into other brands, see the link below.Wellness Salmon, Salmon-Meal and Deboned Turkey Recipe, opinion?
My Bulldogs and my cats eat Wellness pet food... I have been very happy with the results of this food.. My older Bulldogs suffers from seasonal allergies I tried everything to help him out stuff would work for a while then he would be back to scratching ear problems..I was at a Bulldog show and someone told me about this food.. Well my Bully's has and no problems I feed him the Wellness simple... I turned my clients on to this food and they have been very pleased with it....Yes it's a bit pricey but it's a great food.. If you are feeding it to your cat's now I would keep them on it...
Wellness is one of the better dry foods. You could also consider Wellness Core, Raw Instinct by Natures Varity or Evo. When I used to feed dry I fed a mix of Wellness and Drs. Foster and Smith. Drs. was a bit cheaper for me because they delivered it right to my door and I didn't have to drive 40 miles to Complete Petmart to get it.





May I ask what you heard about Nutro? Besides the fact that they were bought out by Mars Company and no longer cat about the quality of thier products. Would Love any additional information to back up my reason for NOT recommending thier food.
Wellness is a great brand. I use Solid Gold, which is about $9 for a 4-lb bag. They're similar, but shoot, if the cat eats the Wellness, go for it. It's an excellent food and well worth the money.
Don't know about similia brands, but that is a good cat food.


Basically most of my cats love it too.
I have fed Wellness Salmon, Salmon-Meal and Deboned Turkey to my cats. Of all the premium foods available, Wellness and Innova are the only ones that I have found that my cats will eat consistently. I alternate between the ';red bag'; Wellness (Salmon/turkey) and the ';blue bag'; Wellness (chicken). Innova is slightly cheaper, and it is similar to Wellness. The only good quality dry food that I can think of that is cheaper is Chicken Soup For The Cat Lover's Soul, but my cats soon stopped eating it (after the initial mmm, this is different).





I still try to make my cats eat canned food as the staple of their diet, but I have a hard time getting 2 of the 5 to eat canned food, so Wellness and Innova are the compromise I make with them.
All of the Wellness foods are excellent - they are made with human-grade meats. I use the chicken formula though as I have a cat that can't eat fish. For the quality of the ingredients in it, and the amount of meat, it's really a good buy. The only lesser-priced brand that I would feed to my cats would be California Natural, or less expensive yet is Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment