Saturday, August 21, 2010

Need specific recipe for Salmon Fettuccine Alfredo...?

I used to have (what I thought was) a Bon Appetit magazine with a recipe for Salmon Fettucine Alfredo. The recipe included cooking fresh salmon steaks in champagne, bay leaves, and I believe either cloves or whole allspice. After cooking the steaks, I remember having to strain the liquid to remove any food or spice residue, returning the liquid to a pan, and adding heavy whipping cream. I cooked this until it was reduced, then added seasoning and/or butter. I think parmesan or romano (or both) cheese was added and this mixture poured over spinach fettucine noodles (cooked) that had been tossed with butter and the flaked salmon.


Of course I can't find the magazine now since my last move and it is not on the internet (unless I have the wrong magazine name). If anyone has this recipe, I need the ingredient measurements and cooking times. This is THE absolute BEST recipe I have ever tasted!


Thanks to all in advance!Need specific recipe for Salmon Fettuccine Alfredo...?
There's nothing very critical about pasta recipes.


Boil the spinach pasta noodles al-dente.


Poach the salmon with the spices you suggest.


Judge doneness by the milky pink colour %26amp; flakiness.


Strain the liquid, add heavy cream, reduce, add butter,


use any combination of parmesan, romano, or asiago.


Serve when thickness satisfies, add cream if too thick.


Flake the salmon removing any bones, toss with sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment