Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Salmon recipe for somebody who doesn't like salmon?

Yes, I know that sounds stupid, but my hubby doesn't like fish that much. The doctor says we have to eat it, though, and I like it, so once and a while hubby has to have some :)





I have been making this recipe:


http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Grilled-Sal鈥?/a>





It's a really good brown sugar soy sauce glazed grilled salmon, and I have also made blackened salmon, but I've made those so much and I want something different. Any ideas? (Help! I have 2 beautiful salmon fillets in the fridge and I have to cook them tonight but I don't want hubby to mutiny! lol)





Thanks so much :)Salmon recipe for somebody who doesn't like salmon?
Couldn't you take fish oil supplements instead? Well I used to make this in my yacht club kitchen and I recently made this for my aunt who hates salmon but she loved it. I smeared dijon mustard all over the top of the salmon fillets, in a small bowl I mixed bread crumbs, chopped garlic, shallots, lemon zest and lemon juice. I add enough oil or butter to make the crumbs look like wet sand (not soaked, just enough to when you squeeze a handfull it sticks together). Smother the tops of the salmon with this mixture and press down so it stays on, sprinkle a little white wine and lemon juice over the top and bake in a 375 oven for about 15min or until the salmon flakes, if the crumbs are not browned you can stick it under the broiler for a couple minutes. Enjoy!Salmon recipe for somebody who doesn't like salmon?
A little lemon juice squeezed across the top or lemon slices lain across the fish as it cooks is typically used to cut the fishy flavor down a bit.





Smoked salmon is a bit less fishy too with a heartier flavor that meat eaters are used too. It is delicious if it is made right, but all smoked salmon is not the same. Salmon is expensive, but you can smoke other fish too and personally I think smoked fish is incredibly delicious. I suggest you learn how to make smoked fish yourself at home rather than spending more money to have someone else do it for you.
We BBQ salmon filets at least once a week. I like to rub it with olive oil, and sprinkle with garlic salt and LOTS of dried dillweed. Serve with this sauce on the side: 1/2 c. EACH mayo %26amp; Dijon mustard, with at least 2 TB. dried dillweed. .......I also love the storebrand marinade at Tom Thumb %26amp; Kroger (it looks like the Lawry's bottle) that's called Tropical Spicy Mango. It's a real change from the other one. And, last week, I marinated the filets in some fresh homemade pesto sauce (about 1/2 hr), and served with more pesto sauce on top.....
  • refill
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment