Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I'm making Salmon tonight and I have a great recipe for it. What sides do you suggest I have...No Potatoes.

Jasmine rice AND for your veggies sautee some asparagus, slicred fresh summer squash and a little broccoli or zucchini in olive oil with garlic, lemon and a bit of white wine.... veggies taste fantasric when sauteed in white wine...lI'm making Salmon tonight and I have a great recipe for it. What sides do you suggest I have...No Potatoes.
steamed vegetables.I'm making Salmon tonight and I have a great recipe for it. What sides do you suggest I have...No Potatoes.
Brown rice is a good choice.





Broccoli and/or carrots, either cooked or raw.
Macaroni and cheese and broccoli.
Try rice! Also a veg or two.
I love salmon with asparagus and rice pilaf. Very simple and yummy!
I always love rice with fish...





Either a rice pilaf side





or basmati rice cooked with a scoop of chicken broth paste and real butter....that is soooo yummy...
I like to serve salmon with brown rice and either spinach or broccoli, it all goes really well together.
Brocolli Rabe...Rapini. Steam it, drain it. Heat a skillet with olive oil and garlic. Throw in the drained rapini, toss, remove from heat. Stir a little more and plate. Brown rice is nice, whole wheat pasta too...
Cous cous...Instead of water I use chicken stock, add some slivered almonds, a few threads of saffron, and some green onions and chives. Lovely with salmon.
Jasmine rice and green veggie
Rice and green peas.
rice


vegetables


tossed salad
I like my salmon with spinach as a veggie and rice pilaf. It's just really good together.
Marinate it in Italian dressing, and then pour a little on top, bake and then finish off in broiler to make a slight crust. Rice pilaf, broccoli with or without cheese, asparagus, corn on the cob, corn muffins.
Wild rice, salad, fresh fruit
Ripe cherry tomatoes %26amp; corn sheared off the cob (not canned).
broccoli
Asparagus with Hollandaise sauce...or rice pilaf with mushrooms?
think of color balance. You have salmon pink, you need green and yellow: spinach salad, wild rice pilaf, cous cous, broccoli, ripe mangos (mmm). bien provecho.
the side is


Roast pine nuts and noodles (Either proper japanese noodles or instant will work) mix with either fresh rocket or corriander, with an olive oil %26amp; lemon juice dressing
For vegetables I would recommend roasted sweet potatoes or asparagus or both.





When I make salmon, I also like to make rice with it. When I serve dinner, I put the rice under the salmon so I pick up some of the natural flavor of the fish.





Bon Appetit!
Amazing! We are having Salmon tonight, too, and were having it with white rice, just butter and a little salt. And Green Beans, too.
I second Kite Girl's answer
With any food type I would have to say that any veggies would taste good with fish. lemons, melted butter but do not smother it.


Even BBQ-ing the salmon is a nice touch.
If you like samon: Join here.





http://z3.invisionfree.com/Paranoid_Forums/index.php?act=idx
You might try rice pilaf or Uncle Ben's original recipe rice and some fresh spinach salad. Fruited lemon jello will also cleanse the breath of salmon aftertaste if desired.
Try a nice rice dish, add a few of your favorite herbs and a little butter, it will be great with salmon!
my favorites with salmon are:





Brown Rice


Brocolli


Asparagus


Spinach Salad


Yellow Squash


Pasta with Browned Butter
Steamed veggies, like brocoli, cauliflower, stuff like that.
veggies...my picks would be broccoli and corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment