Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Dinner recipes for 3 nights with my man (calzones, chicken and salmon?)?

Going to see my boyfriend for a few nights and want to cook and have dinner ready for him when he gets home from work. The problem is he lives in a studio apartment and all I have to work with is a george foreman, a microwave and a toaster oven.


Now I know one night I want to make calzones, so I need a simple easy recipe for those in the toaster oven. Another night I want to make some sort of chicken dish but i'm not sure what, any ideas? and the third night I'm gonna make salmon bc I know hes wanted to try it. Would it be better to make the salmon in the oven or the grill? Whats a good flavor for salmon for someone whos never had it? I like mine with dill or seasame seeds but i'm not sure if he will.Dinner recipes for 3 nights with my man (calzones, chicken and salmon?)?
Cal-zones are easy, and a not so messy version: do not add sauce to the crust. Just use pasta sauce to dip it in. Buy refrigerated pizza dough and add cheese and pepperoni, sausage, veggies.





Buy a store bought bottled marinade (so much easier and costs less) and marinade the salmon for 8-24 hours. teriyaki would be great and you can microwave pretty much anything to go with it. Look in the rice isle. Grill on the G.Foreman grill.





As for chicken, marinade it also in a different marinade and grill. Find a microwavable potato mix, like scalloped potatoes. You can also make this in the toaster oven. Make sure your baking dish will fit.





You are cramped for room, so make it as simple as possible. The marinades free up space and wont make a mess.Dinner recipes for 3 nights with my man (calzones, chicken and salmon?)?
Pepperoni Calzone:





1 (1.5 ounce) package McCormick庐 Italian-Style Spaghetti Sauce Mix


1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste


Water


1 tablespoon oil


2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerator crescent rolls


1 (4 ounce) package sliced pepperoni


1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese








DIRECTIONS


Combine spaghetti sauce mix with tomato paste, 1 can water and oil.


Unroll crescent rolls; separate into 8 rectangles. Press together perforations.


Spoon 1 tablespoon sauce on one half of each rectangle. Top with sliced pepperoni and shredded mozzarella cheese. Fold other half dough over cheese and press to seal edges.


Bake on large baking sheet in 350 degree F oven 10 minutes.








I'm sure you could make them in the toaster oven. And substitute the meat for veggies if you'd like.





For the Chicken, I would do grilled chicken breast sandwiches , cooked on the GF grill-try marinating the chicken in some Italian dressing before hand.





For the salmon, of all the options, I would GF grill it also, but its not great that way. Beware it will cook very quickly. I might even skip this, especially if he hasn't tried it before. (I always bake mine, or cook it on a regular grill.





Good luck! -Your man better appreciate your efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment