Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I need a good salmon recipe, ASAP!?

Ok, I have a frozen salmon fillet that has some dill sauce on it. I thawed it out. I want to grill it with some yellow squash, zucchini, cauliflower, and onion wrapped up in tin foil. I know it would be good if I just put some butter and salt in with it, but I would like to marinate it in something for about 30 minutes before I grill it. I don't have any dill or I would do some kind of lemon dill marinade. Any other thoughts? I'm hungry!I need a good salmon recipe, ASAP!?
what you have planned sounds good. another option would be to make salmon burgers and eat the veggies on the side. it's an awesome meal in the summer.





salmon burgers





1 lb (500 g) salmon piece or fillets, skinned


1 small onion, grated


1/4 cup (50 mL) light mayonnaise


2 tbsp (25 mL) dry bread crumbs


1 tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh parsley


1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt


1/4 tsp (1 mL) lemon juice


1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper


Dash hot pepper sauce


4 hamburger buns





directions





Cut salmon into chunks. In food processor, pulse together salmon, onion, mayonnaise, bread crumbs, parsley, salt, lemon juice, pepper and hot pepper sauce until finely chopped. Shape into four 3/4-inch (2 cm) thick patties. (Make-ahead: Layer between waxed paper in airtight container and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.)





Place patties on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until digital thermometer inserted sideways into centre reads 158掳F (70掳C), about 10 minutes. Sandwich in buns.I need a good salmon recipe, ASAP!?
* 1/4 cup maple syrup


* 2 tablespoons soy sauce


* 1 clove garlic, minced


* 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt


* 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper


* 1 pound salmon





1. In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic, garlic salt, and pepper.


2. Place salmon in a shallow glass baking dish, and coat with the maple syrup mixture. Cover the dish, and marinate salmon in the refrigerator 30 minutes, turning once.


3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).


4. Place the baking dish in the preheated oven, and bake salmon uncovered 20 minutes, or until easily flaked with a fork.











Great recipe!
All you need for salmon is butter and dill.





If you have any, glaze it with some orange juice and brown sugar. Then it's more Asian style

No comments:

Post a Comment